What is Music?
- It is an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
- The space between the notes.
- The phenomenon of music is given to us with with the sole purpose of establishing an order in things, including, and particularly, the co-ordination between man and time.
- Music is a play of tones, that is, of fixed, clearly defined quantities. Other sounds, glissandos, cries, noises, may occur as inserts; if they are numerous the result is partly musical; if they predominate, it is no longer music in the proper sense of the word…discussion about the nature of the new art of sounds, those part musical and those totally untonal, is beclouded by the fact that it is called concrete or electronic ‘music’ although it has in fact transgressed the boundaries of musical art.
- We are too rarely interested in specifying what defines the concept ‘music’ in the spirti of indigenous poeples. We would be hard put to say (for whatever population or group we might choose) where music begins for them, where it ends, what borders mark the transition between speaking and singing.
- Music is motion in time.
- Music is organized sound.
- Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn’t know that it is counting.
Through music we can express our emotions and feelings. And it can be also our instant escape every time we’re having our hard times. Enjoy listening a MUSIC!! 🙂